The Prenatal to Three (PN-3) Policy Initiative is a joint effort of West Central Initiative and LaCroix-Dalluhn Consulting, LLC to develop a PN-3 policy and advocacy platform for Minnesota.
A planning team of early childhood stakeholders and statewide coalitions will build off the great work happening in Minnesota and keep equity a focus of all advocacy and policy plans
The purpose of the PN-3 policy initiative is to raise awareness about the importance of these early years and to ensure our youngest citizen’s are both meeting important developmental benchmarks and ready for kindergarten. Specifically this planning process will result in:
- A shared vision and advocacy/policy plan to implement in 2019,
- Advocacy strategies to support our shared vision and policy plan and
- A unified Coalition in Minnesota focused on cross cutting PN-3 policies to support infants, toddlers and their families starting by 2019.
The PN-3 planning effort is supported by Alliance for Early Success and funded by the Pritzker Children’s Initiative. Their support will give Minnesota access to technical support from a number of national organizations supporting PN-3 services and policy. It will also connect us with other statewide initiatives working collaboratively to elevate the profile of infants, toddlers and their families among policy and decision-makers.
- Amira Adawe, MN Children's Cabinet
- Etonde Awaah, LaCroix-Dalluhn Consulting
- Sara Benzkofer, MNAEYC- MNSACA
- Sameerah Bilal-Roby, African American Babies Coalition
- Joan Brandt, MN Dept. of Health
- Bobbie Burnham, MN Dept. of Education
- David Cournoyer, Plain Depth Consulting
- Betty Emerita, Development & Training
- Barb Fabre, Indigenous Visioning
- Michele Fallon, Infant & Children's Mental Health
- Frank Forsberg, HealthPartners Bright Futures/MN Public Radio
- Anne Gomez
- Lynn Haglin, Northland Foundation
- RaeJean Hanson, Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation
- Dianne Haulcy, Voices & Choices/Think Small
- Don Hickman, Initiative Foundation
- Nancy Jost, West Central Initiative
- Gayle Kelly, Head Start/Early Head Start Association
- Jane Kretzman, Elder for Infants
- Laura LaCroix-Dalluhn, LaCroix-Dalluhn Consulting
- Ericca Maas, Close Gaps by Five
- Jodi Maertens, Southwest Initiative Foundation
- Gertrude Matemba-Mutasa, First Children's Finance
- Ann McCaulley, Child Care Aware
- Sara Messelt, MN Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (MOFAS)
- Kelly Monson, MN Children's Cabinet
- Missy Okeson, Northwest Minnesota Foundation
- Dave Pinto, Prenatal to Three Forum
- Jerry Relph, Prenatal to Three Forum
- Kristen Rosenberg, MinneMinds
- Beth Quist, MN Coalition for Targeted Home Visiting
- Clara Sharp, Ahavah BirthWorks
- Bharti Wahi, Children's Defense Fund
- Cindi Yang, MN Dept. of Human Services
The PN-3 Policy & Advocacy Planning meetings will take place at the Humanities Center in Saint Paul. Monthly meetings will take place between June and October 2018 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. The dates of meetings have been listed below.
Meeting Dates and Agendas
July 12, 2018
August 20, 2018
September 19, 2018
October 26, 2018
No formal meetings but Coalitions will bring new PN-3 Policy agenda back to their own organizations for approval.
Information will be updated throughout the planning process. No information is available at this time.